The holiday season is just around the corner, and with it comes holiday shopping and all of the related festivities, decor, and supplies needed to make them happen. This year we want customers to choose our local businesses, even when they shop from home.
That’s why we’re partnering with Shop Where I Live and additional local Chamber Partners to create the Central Iowa Cyber Sale. We’ll be promoting the Central Iowa Shop Where I Live platform to highlight products and services and help the community to choose local this holiday season.
- Cyber Sale Dates – October 19th – November 22nd. This is all prior to most of your in-store activities to not overwhelm your regular holiday sale season.
- Promotion of holiday products, services, specials, and incentives to shop local online.
- Marketing: TV, News, Radio, Social Media, and Earned Media promotion of the cyber event.
- Incentives to customers to purchase on the site– including enter to win a gift card, cash back incentives, and shipping incentives.
- Businesses that get active in the Central Iowa Cyber Sale will be featured throughout the Cyber Sale promotion through paid advertising and potential social media features.
- Active businesses can list and sell up to 100 products in their shops if they’re e-commerce enabled for the Shop Where I Live platform.
- Great Cyber Sale items, like holiday themed items, good gifts, seasonal products, or services will be featured on the home page of the site and in additional promotions.
- Holiday sales online! Increase your options for new and existing customers to buy from you online during a season when in-store shopping may not be a priority. Let’s give customers options to shop local online this holiday season, vs. just the big guys.
What we need from you:
- Add new products! For you to list relevant products and services for the holiday season. Go ahead, you can start now!
- Review your shipping settings – Can you choose to offer free shipping, free local delivery, and/or incorporate additional costs into the product prices themselves Most online retailers do this, and customers order more when they get “free shipping”.
- Promote to your customers that they can order from you and other Central Iowa businesses online at Central Iowa Shop Where I Live this season.
What you’ll see on our end:
- Promotion from us, our partners, and paid advertising campaigns.
- New website branding, and site organization.
- Communication on particular specials or opt-ins on your end.
Thank you in advance for working together as a local community to make online local shopping a priority this holiday season!
Contact us should you need any assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org.